Closer to the Community
St Canice’s is actively involved with the local community and regularly attends and promotes local events. We have a strong relationship with our sister high school, St Columba’s Catholic College, Springwood. We believe that parents are the children’s first and most important teachers and we encourage parents to have a strong partnership with our school.
The Parent Body is an opportunity for parents to be involved closely with our school community. Involvement can include:
- providing support in the classroom
- participating in working bees
- attending parent education workshops
- attending social events that encourage a sense of community and family spirit within the life of the school
- assisting in the planning and running of various fundraising activities throughout the school year
- assisting in the running of designated sporting events at school, zone and diocesan levels.
To be of assistance you do not have to possess any special skills. You make a worthwhile contribution by showing interest in your child's school activities.
If you'd like to be involved and can help in any way please contact the school today on 4780 6800.