At St Canice’s we believe that parents are the children’s first and most important teachers, and we encourage parents to have a strong partnership with our school.
At St Canice’s we ensure that parents and carers are well informed about their child’s schooling and regularly invite them to be part of school events and celebrations. Parents are actively encouraged to assist wherever possible and make significant contributions to the school community through the Parent Body group. Involvement can include:
- providing support in the classroom
- participating in working bees
- attending parent education workshops
- attending social events that encourage a sense of community and family spirit within the life of the school
- assisting in the planning and running of various fundraising activities throughout the school year
- assisting in the running of designated sporting events at school, zone and diocesan levels.
Demonstrate to your children that volunteering is a good thing.
Contact the school today by email or telephone 02 4780 6800 to become a volunteer.